Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bound to Happen

I have come to the conclusion that I need a really good hair cut. I have been sporting a long and for the most part shapeless mop for the better part of 5 years. There have been several short (but bad) cuts in there, but ever since I decided that I needed to grow my hair out for my wedding (in 2004) I have pretty much worn my hair pulled up in a knot on my head. And now that I have gone back to dying my hair, I should really get a good cut because it's really starting to look like Moose has been chewing on my hair. But therein lies a problem. My stylist is in Richmond, and I haven't really found someone down here yet, for under$100. I should really start looking for a salon... close to the house and not full of it's own importance.
As for the cut, that is also a problem... I like my long mop, but for the last several months I have really wanted a short bob type thing. Some examples of what I am thinking about:

Option 1


OR


Option 2


I think it really depends on how I decide on side swept bangs. Always something that I get all wound up about, always forgetting how much I HATE them after about a week. So I guess it's safe to say option 1 is looking like the front runner. Until I get in the chair and suddenly want something NEW and DIFFERENT and SHINY and by god I have a hair dryer and fancy Aveda products and I'm not afraid to use them!!

And really, isn't it about time that I start to take as much care of myself as I do everyone else? I got a gift certificate for a pedicure for Christmas and may just get a haircut at the same time. And I might even get my eyebrows waxed. And who knows I just might dye my hair burgundy for the hell of it!

No comments: