Monday, September 8, 2008

Well Then

So - the day before we went to Richmond for the big Freya meet and greet, I got laid off. The very strange thing: I was HAPPY about it. I hated the drive, hated having to beg for work to do and then having to drag it out so that I would have something to do, on the other hand, it was a good job, I enjoyed the work and my coworkers were fantastic. I have two theories: they weren't planning for me to really come back from my maternity leave, or they just re-distributed the work and discovered that they didn't really need me after all. (I bet that they probably would have backed out from hiring me in the first place if I hadn't been knocked up.) And I am so excited to be able to just relax at home (kiddo is still going to daycare, because it's already paid for and I will be working again soon, best to keep her on her regular schedule).

The best part - I already have interviews lined up and they are for folks in my neck of the woods. I am so excited that I won't have to drive a hundred miles a day just to get back and forth from work. And I'm not kidding, it really is about 100 miles - 45 miles from my house to Atlanta, and then 45 miles back. Ugh.

Now, I have to go take a shower and get ready for my interview today! Followed by a trip to the gym. This rocks!

1 comment:

SillyHilly said...

Yay! I'll cross my fingers and toes for you!

On a related note, this inspires an odd memory...I remember a loooooong time ago (13-ish years?) you worked at the Bombay Company. Eileen found great pride in this fact, and reminded me often about it.

Eileen: "Your cousin Sarah works at the Bombay Company, you know."

Me: "I know, Grandma. Sounds like fun."

Eileen: "Do you work too, dear?"

Me: "Yes. I make coffee in a little hut in a parking lot."

Eileen: "Well, I think the Bombay Company is just excellent."

:)