Thursday, September 2, 2010

Autumn?

I think that we might actually be getting closer to Autumn! There is a nice coolness to the morning air, even if the afternoon highs are in the upper 80's!

Autumn is my favorite season and it has been for as far back as I can remember. I love the crisp air and the shorter days and the general feeling of being lighter. The oppressive heat of summer (especially down here in Atlanta) has wained and the mosquito's have died back and it is suddenly pleasant to be outside. And the new sweaters don't hurt either. And (no surprise here) I love my sweaters. I have made acquiring sweaters an art form. I have cardigans in just about every useful color (for me) and even some that aren't so useful (read: pink). I have a pile of "work sweaters" and a smaller pile of "play sweaters" they each need some updating this year. Very exciting, I know. Not as exciting as trying to find a pair of gold heels. Woo!

The other thing I need to update this year is my coat. I have this super fantastic awesome royal blue wool coat from the 1960's and it needs new buttons. Thinking large plastic - in white or purple or kelly green. Hmmmm, now that I think about it, I also need to clean out the dry-rotted liner and do some hem work. Which is the best about living in Atlanta, I don't have to worry about re-lining the damn thing because just the wool will be enough to keep me warm!

Dammit - come on cooler weather! I am tired of all this sweating just walking down to get the mail. I also need to air out the house some more - it still has that funky to much air conditioning smell.


I think that I shall go back to my favorite fantasy for the rest of my afternoon: cocktail party, fabulous dress, gold heels, drinking pink champagne, eating fancy chocolate and having my house EXACTLY the way I like it. The table set with the fancy china, and magically I have all the Kate Spade fancy china odds and ends (the ones with the gold and silver bugs, because the china is a floral). Maybe for Thanksgiving! OOH. Better get to planning! I have gold shoes and hopefully a dress to go and get!

No comments: