Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Heart Breaking - But Not So Much Now That I Think About It

So - Paleo is going well! Very well - in fact 10 pounds in 2 weeks well. That first week - dropped like 6 pounds - they were called: Beer, Goldfish Crackers, Cheezit's, Doritos's and Pop-Tarts. Slowed down to 4 pounds last week, which is better actually because this is a 3 month challenge and I don't want to plateau too early. The only heartbreaking part, when I think about it, is that I no longer can have beer. Because by removing all the gluten from my diet has done such wonders in for my skin, my digestion and my energy levels in just 2 weeks, I don't want to screw that up. I will miss beer, I really will, but not enough to dwell upon because for the first time in almost 6 years my face has cleared up and for the first time since I started to pay attention, my "belly issues" have gone away. Just like that! Poof! On the bright side: Wine and dark chocolate are still in the mix! And after the Paleo Challenge is over a move to the Primal Blueprint (basically the same thing except for the addtion of dairy).

This past weekend I competed in the Garage Games: Survival of the Fittest. A little CrossFit competition that was a lot of fun. I have only been doing CrossFit for like 2 months, so I think that I was the least experienced competitor there, by at least 6 months. But! I finished the first WOD and wasn't eliminated which was what I was shooting for. The first lift in the second WOD was my 1 rep max weight and I managed to crank out 6 before I saw stars and my knees buckled. I am very proud of myself. And look out because next year I'm gonna totally KICK SOME ASS! Here is a picture of Freya getting ready to do a dead lift (using the bar that I used for some cleans):



The best part of the entire day was getting to watch Goosey play around with the pull-up bar's and the dead lift. Sadly I was still competing when she did her pull-ups (w/ Daddy assistance) and there was no camera at hand. She also walked up to the dead lift station (185lbs) and pulled on the bar with her Daddy behind her cheering her on. Making sure we weren't in the way of competitors, I noticed there were about 5 or 6 guys all heavily tattooed, and about 215lbs looking over at her and they just had the goofiest grins on their faces. I am still giggling about it now, 4 days later!

No comments: