Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cross-Fit and Paleo

So - Sunday we started the "Paleo Challenge" at our Cross-Fit gym. The Paleo Challenge is pretty simple actually - follow the Paleo diet, before and after pictures, body fat percentage and training improvement from 8/9 to 10/30. The Football totals were pretty intense, I am still pretty sure that Hugo is the most difficult thing I have ever done (5 rounds for time of: 400 m. run, 21 pull-ups, 21 kettle bell swings, 21 box jumps, it took me 46:07. The other is called the baseline and it's a 500 m. row, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 push-ups and 10 pull-ups - did it in 7:18.


I am very excited about this challenge because the Paleo diet is something that we have been talking about doing for several years - basically eating lean meats, veggies, fruit, nuts and eggs. NO GLUTEN and very little dairy. I made a smoothie yesterday as a snack for after the dentist (because I was still numb and didn't want to risk chewing food) and it was egg white protein powder, cup of frozen berries, ice and water. It was so good that I had to fight Freya to get it back when I gave her a sip. She will be getting her own little smoothie now after she ran off with the one I made for breakfast this morning.


Sunday was the hardest day by FAR. All either of us wanted to eat was carbs! I was cranky and hungry feeling even after I had eaten. But on Monday, the very next day I was feeling so much better, my energy was up and I noticed that I'm drinking way less coffee! So much so that I have put away the coffee maker and am using the French Press - so better coffee to boot.

I can't wait to see how much I improve - both physically and mentally on this challenge. I am willing to bet that my face will clear up and that my rosacea flair -ups will almost completely go away. And for the girl that always had belly issues: haven't had any since Sunday. Yay!!

No comments: