Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Like a ton of Bricks

There I was... having a nice Sunday afternoon. The kid is finally starting to play on her own (granted in fits and spurts) but she was playing in her "fort" and I watched two episodes of Gilmore Girls. I loved that show. I still watched through the contrived temper-tantrum the creator/writer threw and the shitty non-ending we got as a series finale but... I really liked the characters. Mostly I loved Lorelei, and her wardrobe. Especially her wardrobe.

I have gotten pretty hippie-dippie of late... ill-fitting skirts, sport bra's, wallabies.... I"m suddenly starting to feel very sorry for my husband.... Anyway! I am now winding my way back to the land of the stylish (this is becoming a joke in our house) more to the Lorelei inside as I like to put it. Think: jeans that fit well, dresses, a handbag that isn't a nasty canvas tote... BOOM! I want to be a pretty girl. Just like that! It makes me really wonder about myself sometimes.

And I discovered: when I don't feel good (in this case being about 30lbs over my usual weight) I take it out on myself by dressing in things that will accent the part that is bothering me and then focusing on it. Totally a good productive way to go about solving a problem. Hey! Go out of your way to make sure you continue to feel like shit! Thanks to CrossFit and the Paleo diet I am comfortable in my skin again... like I am worth the nice things I look at online.

This year my goal is to go with my off-beat style, have fun and mostly remember it's not what the "in" article of clothing, accessory, shoe is - but how does it fit? that should matter. That might be the suckiest sentence ever... screw it, I don't feel like fixing it.

Now... if I can just win that Marc Jacob's bag on eBay for like $35 I will be over the moon! And it will become the SQUEEE heard around the world. Now - to make that list of for my fall wardrobe search. And now that I think about it... start looking into Christmas ideas also.

No comments: